The Hely & Weber TKO (The Knuckle Orthosis) is the most versatile brace for hand injuries including metacarpal Boxer’s fractures, or collateral ligament injuries of the phalanges. The TKO effectively immobilizes the hand to not allow rotation of the fourth/fifth fingers. It’s suitable for both non-surgical treatment, as well as, for protection following surgical reduction of a metacarpal fracture. This Boxer’s fracture splint has a “window” to accommodate pins in the fourth or fifth metacarpals on the medial side of the brace, and a moldable, padded aluminum stay to maintain the required degree of PIP flexion for a collateral ligament injury. The aluminum stay can be easily bent in seconds to place the last two fingers in the perfect healing position. For use as a radial gutter splint choose the opposite hand.
The Hely and Weber TKO splint is a sized product that can be used on any size patient with a metacarpal fracture. Unlike hard plastic splint designs, this model is comfortable to wear day or night and can be washed in the sink if needed. The item’s velcro straps are easy to fasten in place for the right level of support and comfort. If needed, the physician can examine the hand more easily compared to an applied cast, and the material will not interfere with taking x-rays of the fracture.
Boxer Splint Features:
- Immobilizes fractures or injuries to metacarpals, phalanges, MCP and IP joints.
- Straps are infinitely adjustable for fit and comfort for a variety or proximal phalangeal injuries.
- Four configurations possible with one brace.
- Oval opening accommodates any pins used following surgery for a Boxer’s fracture.
- Reduces pain & swelling through maintenance or proper alignment of the hand and phalangeal joints.
- Distal Buddy Strapping eliminates rotation of the finger- perfect for collateral ligament injury healing.
- Reversible – one splint acts as a Boxer’s Fracture splint (ulnar gutter), Radial Gutter splint, and Middle & Ring Finger splint.
- Padded aluminum stays are malleable allowing for quick size adjustments for different size hands.
- Order opposite hand for use as radial gutter splint to immobilize the first two fingers.